Transformers CyberConnect
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TF RPG-Defend or destroy

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Technological Malfunction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyfire

Skyfire

Character sheet
HP:
Technological Malfunction Left_bar_bleue2500/2500Technological Malfunction Empty_bar_bleue  (2500/2500)

Technological Malfunction Empty
PostSubject: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 1:32 am

It is often said that happiness comes to those who seek it, however, he who laid claim to this quote would most likely not have heard of Skyfire, as his countless fruitless attempts at finding inner peace led him to nothing other than frustration and woe. The very fact that he was out in space was due to his constant amendments to his stellar map within his circuitry. He certainly could not operate as a taxi to the other autobots should he be using outdated information; certainly when it came to something as vast and untamed as space. He sighed, staring out at the dark abyss that surrounded him. Of course, it was also not helpful that his thrusters had blown a circuit and were now mere decorations on his frame. Using what he could of his strength, he transformed himself back into his regular bot mode, shifting himself into a position that gave him a clear view of the Earth below him. He didn't dare hope that anyone would find him up here, it would just prove futile in the end - he had to find his own way out of his situation... Repair himself somehow perhaps. But for now, he was in no immediate danger, and he felt that he deserved a break anyhow; he'd been working non-stop for what felt like a deca-cycle. He stretched his arms out, and pretended that he now lay upon his bunk in the Cybertron academy. Remembering all those cycles ago with his colleague... He didn't realise he was smiling to himself, but quickly resumed composure, blinking open his eyes and replacing his expression with his regular stoic gaze. He owed it to himself to forget what it was that he'd done all that time ago, it would do nothing but harm, the rift that had opened up between the two of them was far too great now - after all, they hadn't even talked since his alliance to the autobots, though, they had exchanged a few punches and pot-shots at one another.
"I want to be the best, I want to be known, doesn't it make sense to have plans?"
"You're correct... But, what about me, am I in these plans?"
Skyfire shook his head rapidly, there was no point reminiscing on times passed! It would just cause more damage than good. He had to get his mind out of this rut, he'd been in it for far too long. Looking down to the rear of his chassis, he decided now was a better time than ever to focus his attention to repairing his damaged thrusters - even if he barely had any knowledge of how to do it, he may be able to at least give himself enough of a boost to return to Earth and signal one of his friends to assist him. With the click of a latch, he undid the rear of his body shell, opening it up to reveal the mess of wires and circuit-boards within. He sifted through with care to cause as little disruption as possible, the last thing he wanted to do was to cause himself more damage. "Found it." He muttered to himself, feeling a sting on the end of his fingertip from an exposed wire. Reaching through more, he groped around, feeling for the sting of another that he could connect this to - in the hopes that it was in fact the right one after all. Eventually, after a few long minutes of running his fingers through, he found what he thought was most likely to be his target, a short zap hitting his finger tips once more. With a few words of good luck to himself, he tapped the two together and felt his rocket boosters fire into life - sending him careering towards Earth. Although, this situation would be made a tad simpler if he did in fact have any amount of control over the thrusters whatsoever - instead, he hurtled uncontrollably towards the blue planet below.
"At the very least I can message for help... If I survive." He thought to himself, trying to convince himself that he was not frightened. Yet silently, against all of his values, he closed his eyes, begging for a savior. For once in his life he realized that this was no longer a time for science - the odds of anyone saving him were a million to one, now was the time for hope.
Back to top Go down
Starscream

Starscream

Character sheet
HP:
Technological Malfunction Left_bar_bleue2500/2500Technological Malfunction Empty_bar_bleue  (2500/2500)

PostSubject: Re: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:15 am

Except for a few lighter dots in the endless space, darkness surrounded him. Yet another solar system, another unknown place that he'd probably be interested in a long time ago, but nowadays, he didn't really care. His flight was straight, centered for a goal far away, his ambition striking once again. Surely he was flying for a few megacycles now, and even though Starscream was incredibly fast it was still not enough to keep up with other technologies - considering spaceships, for example. Of course, he'd never admit that. He certainly believed in the fact in being the scourge of the skies, being the one that should lead the Decepticons and bringing down the Autobots once and for all. He knew that Megatron would fall someday - and he'd be the one to backstab their leader another time. Helping the silver mech? That would be something he'd only do if this is the only option left for him. In certain situation, he already did so.

The Seeker took a quick swift to the side, escaping a few small meteroids floating pass him. Luckily, his navigation was in rather good condition and had never let him down thus far. Aside from times when it's damaged, but that happened only three times in the past and was fixed fast. A damage lastet never too long on him. Starscream was the kind of 'con that were usually always ready for a fight. Possibly his responsibility as second in command and the air commander. Though, he had bigger goals then only that and everybody knew it. Even the 'great leader' himself was aware of Starscreams treacherous plans, but he still kept him around. Of course. The jet was too valuable to him. That old mech needed someone to challenge him, someone who tried to gain his place to remind him that he had to work for his place as the leader. Megatron needed to be tested. Oh sure, he tried to bring him down a few times and to pull his thrown out of under him and received punishment for that - but that old bucket of bolts needed it. Needed him. The Seekers belief was easily reasoned.

Then, suddenly, a signal disturbed his processor and thoughts. His faceplate showed a scowl, knowing that this was not a signal of one of his comrades. Wrong. It was an Autobot, somewhere near, but he couldn't exactly pin down where to. The fighterjet stopped his travel, gazing over the near asteroids and smaller plantes. The target obliviously didn't move since the signal stayed constant, but it was still strange; what did an Autobot do out here? There was nothing that someone could want as far as Starscream knew. However, his suspicion had grown. He wanted to know. Not being unusual, he quickly ignored his quest for now and flew into the direction of the signal. The nearer he got, the faster the little "beep" of it ringed in his audios. He turned it off as he could narrow down a bright figure on one of the many luminarys.

A frown showed on Starscreams face as he recognized the bot that he just approached. He looked small from up here, but Starscream was aware that he was a lot taller then him. Not that it mattered in any way, but there were not many out there who looked like that. It looked like he had damaged something - the perfect opportunity for him to get in nearer sight and making clear that he's here. He hovered down, the frown letting fade into a smirk. He'd never thought he'd see his old colleague again - alone, and not on the battlefield.
"Now, if that isn't my old comrade Skyfire." His voice was soaked in badly acted innocence, without a doubt just playing the one that had approached on mistake. His scarlet optics wandered to Skyfires thruster, which was probably the cause of him being here all alone and not getting away that easily. Which meant that Starscream had all the playtime he wanted. His gaze went up to the face of his formerly comrade, his optics narrowing slightly.
Back to top Go down
http://azaleaegyptian.deviantart.com/
Skyfire

Skyfire

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 4:08 am

[I think you got a bit confused with my English xD I'll try my best to use easier to understand grammar in this next one for you though c: Oh, and so you know, the whole first paragraph is of Skyfire daydreaming and remembering when he and Starscream were friends - I'm not god-modding, just writing down memories is all, we still have seperate characters to control C: ]

"Our primary team is searching around the asteroid belt located in the H-B29 quadrant, located in the Lear galaxy." Skyfire looked to his partner on the left. "Note this down Starscream, it's very important that we know where our team members are situated." The little one looked up to him and silently nodded, typing the information onto a small data-hub strapped to his left forearm. Skyfire smiled; he liked having an assistant, especially one that he could depend on. And this one certainly seemed loyal and interested in their studies enough that he could feel comfortable entrusting him with all manner of tasks and know that he would perform them to the best of his abilities. "YOU THERE!" Skyfire jumped, surprised at having heard such an exclamation from his assistant, he gazed, wide-eyed at him. "You imbecile, you do NOT hold active energon-clusters without protection! They are extremely volatile!" Starscream marched up to another, younger bot who was holding some very explosive materials in his novice. He gently pried the energon clusters from his fingers and lay them onto the benchtop nearby where they belonged. Skyfire thought that this was the end of it, but was very much mistaken as he watched Starscream lay a fist right into the side of the younger bot's cranial case. "That will teach you a lesson, puny bot!" He made a turn and marched triumphantly back. "Well, if it isn't my old pal Skyfire."
He gave a raised eyebrow, then realised what he was doing and shook his head. Daydreaming. Again.

Skyfire blinked a few times, bringing himself out of his reminiscence of times bygone and looked up to the same decepticon who now floated over him, slightly distant, but still completely audible due to audio transmission.
"Be wary of your actions, Starscream." Skyfire scowled at him. "You forget my size, and certainly my willingness to lay you down to scrap if you forget our many encounters." He was hoping that Starscream wouldn't have noticed the damage he had taken to his machinery, if he did know... Then this was certainly a tight spot he was in. Instead, Skyfire played at cool and continued to lock optics with the other bot. "I suggest you leave now before you take any unnecessary damage. I won't be responsible for my actions if you do not heed this warning."
Back to top Go down
Starscream

Starscream

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 8:22 am

[ Dontcha worry about that too much, dude XD I may be german but I can still understand english fairily well 8D -hugs- if I understand anything wrong just tell me <3 ]

Starscreams gaze was unerring focused on the mainly white mech beneath his feet. Of course, he remembered the days when they were working together as scientists a long time ago, but when Skyfire decided to change his path and work with the Autobots their fate was predictable. He had gotten his chance, and he threw it away as he turned his back on the Decepticons. There was no going back now. Skyfire got all soft about some puny humans and the stupid virtues of the Autobots, two things Starscream could never get along with. Even in the old days, he had been kind of a jerk, and that was a fact that would possibly never change. Skyfire was quite the opposite - he was much calmer then him. Truely, maybe it was set right from the start that they'd end up like this.

A sarcastic chuckle escaped the Seekers vocal processor.
"Don't consider me a fool, Skyfire." A smirk played around his lips as he hovered down to the ground, landing softly on the dusty area. "I can clearly see that you can't get away from here. Your size and strength doesn't matter right now. The damage on your thruster, I wonder how that happened?" The irony in his voice was so visible, nobody could miss it. Indeed he didn't cared the least about the others condition. It was just like Starscream to play around with his target before he actually striked. Sometimes, it got him into worse situations. But right now, he didn't feared that at all. Instead of listening to Skyfires warning, he gave him a sneer over his last statement. "You are no threat to me. A mere taxi isn't even worth to be considered a danger at all." The flier refered to Skyfires new profession of carrying the Autobots around. What a pathetic and miserable job. The seeker walked up to him in a way that clearly showed that he was full of himself; that he knew that he had the upper hand right now. He played that out as he stopped a few meters away, just barely out of the reach. He didn't risked to get hit or struck by anything of the bigger mech, very aware that Skyfire's physically stronger then him.

"Did your trustworthy Autobot comrades leave you behind?" It was a rhetorical question, obliviously just seeking to raise the tension that lay between them. Starscream exactly knew that it was an easy play to step on the trust of someone, especially when he was left all alone on a small orb like this one. His expression showed incredibly mockery and derision as he looked straight back into the optics of his opponent. Their old friendship? That was something that was long gone. If it still mattered to Starscream or not was questionable; if so, he was hidding it very well behind all his charades.
Back to top Go down
Skyfire

Skyfire

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 12:25 pm

[Yeah <3 You seem to have the slang and tenses down very well~
Oh and sorry about the long time to reply DDDD: I had a mini-writers block there. I started to write, but couldn't structure too well x_x]

Skyfire looked away begrudgingly as Starscream announced with a smirk and a sneer that he knew all about the damage that appeared to have come to his thrusters. Skyfire surprised himself, for it wasn't annoyance, frustration or fear that ensued from this, but shame. He tried to comprehend his feelings; that he wasn't concerned for his wellbeing in the presence of this decepticon, who he knew very well to be extremely powerful, but more for his appearance to this old colleague of his. He tried to ignore the pit that grew in his circuitry, it was one thing to feel ashamed, but to feel emotionally hurt was quite another. He did his best to lie to himself, try to convince that he felt nothing from being presented in such a shameful way affront the ever condescending Starscream. He did however notice that the bot was making a point of keeping himself quite a distance away from him, probably fearful that Skyfire would act out violently towards him. It did make him chuckle how the decepticon still failed to realise after all this time that he was not the kind to lash out at an old comrade for no reason. True, he had fought with him before, but that was usually in order for a greater cause, of which there was none at the moment. Of course, Skyfire wasn't about to reveal this to him yet, Starscream's cowardice did provide a certain amount of protection and if not, entertainment at the very least-

... Taxi?
Turning a slight shade of red, Skyfire turned his optics away from the smug look that dominated Starscream's faceplate. "You always were one to go below the belt." Skyfire muttered indignantly, avoiding his gaze, then chuckled to himself, shooting a look back towards him. Sure, he may have felt a certain amount of contempt towards the smaller bot, but at the same time, the hard-hitting smugness of him was what always seemed so appealing about him. Starscream wouldn't be the kind of mech who you would trust to protect a bag of energon crystals, but you would certainly expect he'd kick the aft of any mech who approached as he wolfed them down. In reply to his snide statement about how little danger Skyfire presented, he quipped "You seem to be staying far away enough to answer that for yourself Starscream. Unless of course you feel like getting closer that is." He made a point of stretching his arms, exposing his girth as much as he possibly could. It wouldn't be THAT mean to rub it in his face would it? He leaned back some more, arms behind his head in a relaxed pose, one that was difficult to maintain in zero gravity.
"Ha! Friends?" Skyfire snorted at this mech of all mentioning that word to him. "You of everyone should know how I feel on that subject. Last time I ever trusted anyone to be my 'friend' was... Well, that's long since changed now hasn't it?" He crossed his arms, watching Starscream continue floating in front of him. "It's insulting to me to even think that I ever trusted someone like you. I-" Skyfire stopped, he couldn't continue talking like this - especially when it was all a facade. He knew very well that he could never truly hate Starscream, after all these two had done to each other, the fact was that this small bot was the only being in his whole life who he'd ever had the courage to talk, express himself and show his feelings to. Even if all that had ended long ago. "Just leave Starscream. I don't care anymore." Skyfire shook his head, he didn't feel as though he needed this kind of interaction right now. Certainly from this creature. "Do what you must to me, but whatever you decide, just please go." As much as he hated feeling like a downer, having Starscream around just made him feel horribly empty - it just seemed to remind him of what was there so many cycles ago. And now... He had nothing left to him but scientific research and a conscience that has never done him any good whatsoever. "Unless of course, your thrusters are no better than mine? It wouldn't surprise me, you've never been able to work a circuitboard that hasn't had an instruction manual nearby, and even then it seems to only hold together for the better part of a breem." He chuckled to him, after all, why not take a few pot-shots? Almost felt like the good old times once again...
Of course, as of now he didn't exactly have the upper hand. Instead he lay helpless in the middle of a black void with an easily enraged and rather emotionally disturbed decepticon floating in front of him. The truth was, he'd been deathly scared the moment he saw Starscream coming towards him. Skyfire was probably the only being in existance who truly knew what he could be capable of. He'd been the only one to live through it.

[Ack, sorry, that block really shows through in this xD;;; I haven't got Skyfire's personality showing through at all, it's jumping around like crazy!]
Back to top Go down
Starscream

Starscream

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 2:52 pm

[ thanks 8D -hugs-
and don't worry, I was having a math private lesson anyways x3 And I totally know those blocks D8 they are horrible! ]

Starscream noticed the slight flee of Skyfires gaze, however, he could not exactly determine if it was abashment or annoyance that caused the giant to look away. Either way, it amused him to see such a reaction from his old, former pal. So, their relationship was just as touchy as it always had been, huh? The seeker could clearly deal with it as long as he wasn't the one put in such a pit; in such an embarrassing situation like Skyfire. He exactly knew what he was thinking about, and he also was aware that the tall bot possibly cared more for their past then the flier himself did. Sure, he was the one who was concerned about bringing Skyfire back into the now and then, but he also paid his price for it: yet another 'traitor', yet another enemy. All his tries to put him into his place had been useless. And now, he was standing in front of him with a smug expression and not any sign of coming for his 'rescue' to help him with his thruster. It was clear that this game was played out ... for the moment. Skyfires scientifical misbelief had lead him into the wrong direction, and Starscream was certainly not the accurate Decepticon to assist him with putting things right.

The smirk grew bigger as he observed the reaction over the nice nickname he gave to Skyfire. A nickname that was so obvious that he wasn't the first and only one using it for the giant Autobot. Knowing that he was still able to hit the softer spots of his opponent was something that the flier clearly enjoyed; his immediacy lead often to such circumstances. However, Starscream was sure that this was something that had lead Skyfire to him in the first place back in the good old days. This attitude of his was what made him special, with all the little quirks and habits. Exploring the seekers personality was something that took a long time if you want to know every aspect of his complex programming. The only bot knowing him the best was possibly the Autobot - along with Thundercracker and Skywarp. Everybot else had only gotten a slight taste of what Starscream was truely plotting on. His mind was like a maze.
He was awoken from his thoughts due the low statement of his counterpart, giving him a sneer in exchange. Of course, Skyfire knew exactly that it was totally like him to backstab someone with such incongruously titles and indignitys. "And further.", he added, just getting along with that true fact of being a blaspheme being. His smugness then faded a little, but only to allow a scowl to come up on his faceplate. "Believe me, I'd have no problem with coming near you in any way", he smirked, "but seeing that you are considered nothing more but a scrap heap in my optic sensors, I'd rather stay here. The wheat should be seperated from the chaff." Trying to get feisty against Starscream was always a bad idea - he'd just slap it right back into your face without hesitation. He'd never be the one to even worry about hurting someone with his words. It was his speciality to do so. The exact opposite to Skyfire in that matter.

He thought he heard a tad of nostalgia, but also sarcasm in the voice of the taller mech, though that was just what he'd expect from him. The arrogance faded into a slight glare, his scarlet optics narrowed at the icy ones in front of him. Yet for him this subject got tense when digged to deep, even if he couldn't exactly tell what that occasionally strange pressure on his mind was. "I'd expect you of all bots to know that our... friendship ... back then was only a mere collaboration. Nothing more." He lied. But it wasn't obvious. He was experienced in that. He snorted when Skyfires facade broke for a nanoclick and let him see through; even if it was unwillingly, the memories and knowledge about the white one was still sealed in his core, making it easier for him to see truth hidden behind his charades. "Pathetic liar. You care more then you admit." A shifty look showed up on Starscreams face as he came closer now, by far into the reach of the Autobot. He did not only underlined his next words with this action, but also showed that he did not feared him at all. Just as he said before.

"You can still join back into the Decepticon ranks, Skyfire." His voice was soaking with allurement.
"You'd be treated as far more then only a transporter."
Of course, he only suggested this because of Skyfires use he could be to the Decepticons, not for their petty friendship that Starscream just denied a few nanoclicks ago. He crossed his arms in front of his cockpit, leaning back slightly, showing that he wasn't worried about a hit from the quite fearsome giant. "My thrusters always worked ten times better than yours", he replied cocky, knowing in the core of his spark that those words were a lie. But as always, he believed in only what he wanted to think and to know. "I just don't want to leave just yet", he revealed to Skyfire with a cunning smile on his lips. Starscream exactly knew how far he could go on Skyfire. As he knew what the tall Autobot was able to do, it was just the other way around on him. After all, they both weren't considered deadly for nothing.

[ fff what. What are you talking about, boy :9 just look at how I play Starscream. I absolutely adore your writing style, so don't even dare denying it. >D ]
Back to top Go down
Skyfire

Skyfire

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 3:07 pm

"Join the decepticons?"
Skyfire almost let out a chuckle at Starscream's proposal to join the decepticon rank - especially considering that he had already been a part of it long ago in his past himself. It really would end up serving him no better, since neither side would have been able to trust him anymore having defected once already. Right now, he required the autobots and their technological advancements the most to help further his cause and study for a harmonious existance of all beings of the universe. Out off everyone the decepticons wouldn't be the ones to even begin to assist him in his endeavour. They were more of a monocratic hive mind, and without the individuality and freedom to conduct his research... Well, it would all be for naught. He just desperately wished somebody other than himself could understand what he was trying to do...

He regained his focus on Starscream, the bot had begun a monologue on Skyfire's Autobot allegiance, mentioning his position as a transporter once again, making an attempt to get him to reflect on his position with the autobots and hopefully pit him against them. It was absolute hypocrisy on Starscream's part, he really wasn't the greatest negotiator. However, it did still sadden Skyfire slightly that he knew that he was being treated exactly like how Starscream had worded it. He'd always known that he was seen as a subordinate around the other mechs there, but it was just something he tried to shrug off. In spite of all of the drawbacks the autobots gave him however, he could never even possibly think about moving to the decepticons once again. It just would not work, could not work.
When Skyfire heard from Starscream that he had no intention of leaving, he felt slightly frightened, he'd secretly been hoping that the small bot would have had enough sentimentality of their previous work together to leave him unscathed - obviously this wasn't to be the case. "What am I going to do? Dear Primus... Not like this." Skyfire thought desperately to himself, looking around for something, anything that could help him out of his current situation. He made a decision, he had to stall Starscream at the very least. "You're insecure about something Starscream." Skyfire began, deciding that if he was going to keep him at bay, he was going to have to push him, but not far enough that it would provoke him. "You're pushing me away, constantly, as though you're scared you'll get too much." He did his best to hide a smile, after all, it really was great fun annoying him like this. He always went so ballistic for some reason; he never bothered to find out why, but the why was certainly not important, not right now anyway. He had to continue with this. "You're certainly bold on what you think is right. Yet you seem to enjoy denying what it is that resides, and has always been between us; a friendship." Skyfire let out a small smile, "But if you had me where you wanted, on the decepticons, you'd lock me up and throw away the key wouldn't you?" Skyfire brought his hands behind his back. "The funny thing is that I probably wouldn't even mind." His optics rose to lock gaze with Starscreams, and heard a satisfying click as he finished loading his particle cannon behind his back. "And we're ready to fire." He thought proudly to himself.

[Sorry about the shortness and abruptness of it xD; This is the product of writing a post at 4am when you only had a few hours of sleep the night before~ LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES. xD DON'T DO IT SIR]
[And thankyou for your patience ;;;w;;; ]
Back to top Go down
Starscream

Starscream

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Affirmatively, Starscream figured such a reaction from his former best friend. His processor knew deep inside that the wall between Skyfire and the Decepticon line was difficult to break through. A task that was contingently pointless, yet the seeker gave it a try. His ambitious personality forbid him to back down that easily. Instead of agreeing with the fatuousness of that offer, a single carmine optic narrowed mischievously. “Consider the options, Skyfire.” Starscreams voice got enticing, understanding what the giant was really seeking for. The flier knew him by far to well to miss the obvious hints. “Your science shall not be bound by anything; neither organics nor Autobots.” His lips curled up to a plotting smirk – deceiving, being an embodiment of the Decepticon ideal. Then he raised his cyan servo, performing a maliciously crushing gesture. At once, his expression seemed vicious. “They will be crushed before they can even get in your way.” His face got smug again, whiping away the darker shades of his personality. It was perceptible that he drifted away from the true point of the chit chatting with the large Valkyrie plane; it transformed into a more daring conversation, testing out how far he could reach with his arguments.

Nontheless, this got quickly destroyed by Skyfires next move. The silver faceplate of the seeker went outraged at once, giving of an expression that looked as if someone had tripped on him. It was one thing going against Starscreams opinions – but even worse when he knew that the cons were true. Somewhere in his thick processor he couldn’t deny that the large bot hit the point. Starscream was aware that it’d be the best to leave, that he shouldn’t get into the conversation; but as usual, his petty pride got in his way, telling him to stay. Those words screamed for a reaction.

The seeker regained his charade. “You’re wrong, Skyfire.”, he slowly began before returning the gaze. Those icy blue optics just seemed to crush with the aggressive red color of his. “I agree to the point that friendship was between us once. But this time is long gone.”, his voice got a sharp undertone, making his position clear. He gave in telling Skyfire more then he actually wanted; a quirk that often got on the seekers tailpipe, yet he couldn’t get rid of it. Starscream was a smart Decepticon, not being a second in command for nothing, but habits were indestructible. “When we crashed on this pathetic planet I searched half the globe for you, and still there was no trace of your leftovers found – I needed to turn somewhere. The Decepticons were perfect. They gave me the chance to reach a better profession. Yet, I still didn’t got what I deserve.” He narrowed his optics, this time both, as he leaned forward. His gaze was intimidating as he paused for a nanoclick.
“There’s no need for me to push you away, to try to avoid the junk you’re constantly talking about. I have plans, Skyfire. And unfortunately they don’t seem to include you.” Starscreams voice was filled with an explosive mixture of disgust and immediacy: yet there was the undertone of his treacherous attitude. His whole bodylanguage was telling a clear point: if there wouldn’t be truth hidden in Skyfires words, he would terminate him right now. Starscream certainly had the grounds to destroy him, but yet he didn’t. His lips curled as he gave out a small hiss. “I’ll spare your life this time, Skyfire. Because we were friends.”

Starscream just couldn’t. He was a Decepticon, and yet the nostalgia between him and the white Autobot was getting in his way. He hated admitting a weakness, angered over his foolishness. He swore in his mind, and when he turned his gaze away, he swore again. Luckily nothing of the ruckus going on in his thoughts was visible to Skyfire – the expression of the flier was kept straight the whole time. Even after the tall mechs last reply, nothing seemed to move in the blank stare that was constantly trying to hide any sign of feelings going on in Starscreams processor. He was used to being ruthless, powerseeking and emotionless. It has gotten his general attitude to hide all sensations that may slicker through. And now, that Autobot appeared and faced him against rhetorical corny questions. It was a tricky situation for the flier.

Then something moved in his face. The curled lips relaxed into a small, sarcastical chuckle coming from his vocal processor, leading away from the former sight he had just given. “There is no doubt.”, he replied without any hesitation, moving his gaze back to Skyfires. His optics showed Starscreams natural glance of mockery as he smiled briefly, only to seize him up again. “You say that you don’t mind and yet you hesitate. Those Autobots only call you when they need your help, your size, your power. They despise you, turn their backs on you, see you as a traitor, and still you stay with them.” Starscream took yet another daring step closer, a smug smirk deciding to the Valkyrie. “Don’t you notice the fine difference?” He didn’t answered his own rhetorical question. He tested Skyfire yet again, forcing him into a conversation. But this verbal fight also caused the seeker to not notice how the mech loaded the gun behind his back; he was unaware that he could get in trouble sooner or later.

[ oh c’mon it’s okay x3~ ]
[ I could say the same back, I’m not faster then you at all Sig xD;; ]
Back to top Go down
Skyfire

Skyfire

Character sheet
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 pm

Skyfire silently cursed in his mind upon hearing Starscream's reply. The smaller mech was in no way falling for his ruse, but at the very least he was managing to buy himself some time. Slightly hurt by Starscream's words however, that they haven't been and certainly will not be friends for an unconscionably long time. Skyfire allowed his optics to trail the starry universe that surrounded him as he preoccupied himself with his weapon. It wasn't an unconscious distraction, but more of the fact that he did not like the feeling that Starscream was giving him - reopening old wounds.
As he was working his servos behind his back however, some of the words that he was hearing caught his attention. He turned his faceplate to Starscream who was floating in front of him once again, and whose optics had now appeared to be slightly glazed over, as though he was not quite himself. He floated affront him, but amazed Skyfire with how he was now losing his strong body position and was now beginning to appear more tense. Listening to his words, Skyfire realized why he would be acting so strange. "Y-you searched for me..." He muttered ever so quietly, inaudible to Starscream. Thoughts began rushing through his head; about his friendship with him, how he'd reacted after being dug out of the ice, whether he really was the one who'd caused them to be split so far apart because he hadn't taken the time to realize just how much Starscream cared for him before...
These were quickly interrupted as Starscream's faceplate leered ever closer to his own, as he almost spat out the words:
"I have plans, Skyfire. And unfortunately they don’t seem to include you."

Skyfire shut his optics tightly, he felt like he'd just been torn in half. The fact that he'd just realized that he was the one who'd caused the mech to hate him so much in the first place was bad enough - but now he was being told that he would most likely never be able to have him ever again. "Stay strong Skyfire, stay strong, stay strong..." He told himself, over and over, trying to fathom the information that had just been given to him without letting himself break down entirely. He knew that if he did, Starscream would just take advantage of it. With his optics still shut, he heard Starscream's act of mercy; to spare him his life.
Skyfire wanted to discretely pull up one of his servos to wipe away the energon that had built up in his optics, but couldn't because of the loaded particle cannon that would appear so obvious to the mech, so instead did what he could to blink it away. He wished to himself that he could just not feel so strongly towards his ex-partner. He didn't want to put himself through the horror he'd been through with him all over again...
Skyfire allowed himself to once more, bear the sight of his friend. He was battling the two seperate voices in his head, combating for dominance; "He's going to kill you! Betray you! Shoot him now!", "No, no he isn't! Let him be! He'll help you!".

He loaded his particle cannon and readied it to fire. He stared up once again at his comrade, his facial expression towards him. Skyfire couldn't help but shake as he looked at Starscream's faceplate; this was his oldest friend - even if they weren't anymore, he couldn't hide the fact from himself that he still cared deeply for him.
He couldn't do it.
No matter how much he tried he knew that there would be no way possible that he could point the cannon at Starscream and fire. With a soft sigh, he unarmed the weapon and looked up at his old friend. Starscream continued to brag, obviously deciding a different approach to reach him, trying once again to downplay the 'goodness' of the autobots, not realizing that Starscream knew exactly how his Autobot 'friends' felt about him. Every time he was around them he could feel their judging eyes piercing right through him, their scowls of malice only disappearing when he did them good. Foolish Starscream.
"Tell me Starscream," said Skyfire, after having an idea, "the effort you're going through to get me, I'm curious how far you'll go." He wasn't sure of what he was doing, but he wanted to see if there was any glimmer of friendship at all left between the two of them. Skyfire was still absent mindedly fingering his particle cannon and had an idea of what he could do. He raised it to the side of his helm, looking directly at his ex-comrade's optics. "What will it be?"

[/embarrassed I'm so sorry~ I'll be faster and better with the next post! I swear! D:]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technological Malfunction   Technological Malfunction Empty

Back to top Go down

Technological Malfunction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Transformers CyberConnect :: Universe :: Space-
Jump to: